NWLS public library staff are invited to attend your choice of six workshops offered through the Libraries Activating Workforce Development Skills (LAWDS) project.
The LAWDS project brings together public library staff with regional Workforce Development Boards (WDBs) and Wisconsin Job Centers, to facilitate more seamless support of job-seeking patrons, business owners and entrepreneurs. Four resource modules will be created to assist libraries in continuing to provide excellent service in workforce development during 2020-2021. This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
2.5 CE contact hours are offered for these workshops. Please choose the date and location that works best for your schedule.
- Attendees will understand the services and resources available to the public provided by libraries and workforce development job centers.
- Attendees will work through customer scenarios and brainstorm potential areas for communication and collaboration.
Workshop Dates, Locations, and Registration Links
- March 18, 2020: 10-12:30 p.m., Altoona Public Library: register here.
- March 24, 2020: 10-12:30 p.m., Rhinelander, Rhinelander District Library: register here.
- April 2, 2020: 10-12:30 p.m., River Falls Public Library: register here.
- April 7, 2020: 10-12:30 p.m., Phillips Public Library: register here.
- May 19, 2020: 10-12:30 p.m., Stevens Point, Portage County Public Library: register here.
- May 20, 2020: 9:30-12 p.m., Hayward Public Library:register here.
Further reading: LAWDS Project Enters Second Year, Nov 2019
If you have questions about this project, please contact Anne Hamland at 715-839-5082 ext. 150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.